Ultimaker Belt Tension Clips
by chasmaker, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
I like many printed up belt tentioners from thingverse. Most worked fine but after a while they warped and got loose. I also had issues with them hitting the heads when they did get loose and wreck 12 hour print jobs.
These clips I designed use the existing belt tension design and add some height to the sides.
Print 100% solid.
1) Pick a set of clips based on how loose your belts are. (I used the second and third highest for most of mine)
2) Open up claw and remove pressure bolts (see pic with red text "remove") These will no longer be needed.
3)loosen one pulley (helps in evening out the tension top and bottom)
4) Place clips on sides like in ISO render. Make sure slope is facing in.They should "snap" on and stay on their own. If not double check that they are pushed on all the way.
5) Fold down claw and place an extra bolt through the extra holes in head (blue text in REMOVE.jpg) This will keep the wood from breaking under the new pressure. I learned this the hard way.
6) Now reassemble the claw per the factory instructions.
7) Don't forget to tighten up the pulley.
8) Belt should now "Sing" if they don't try a higher clip. If you can't get the claw closed try a lower clip. The clips are in increments of 1mm in height so you may have to make your own inbetween height.
Don't worry about the upside down clips...they will be kept in place by the belt and the clip tension.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Ultimaker Belt Tension Clips by chasmaker is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving chasmaker a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure chasmaker would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).