by bdahlem, published
This is a parametric version of FdS' flex-box.
You can edit the file using your favorite text editor (notepad, vi, emacs, pico) to change the height, width, and length of the box. Then send the file to your laser cutter and you will have yourself an awesome little box.
edit: v 1.1 some clean-up and bug fixes
v 1.2 hopefully squashed that bug
v 1.3 fixed an issue with long decimal numbers
- Download flexbox.ps and open it in your favorite text editor (notepad will work great for this)
- Find the section that defines the box parameters:
- Change the size of the box to suit your needs, these are the outside dimensions of the box
- Save the file then open it in your graphics program, I've had luck with CorelDraw here
- Send the file to your laser cutter
- I cut this box out of 1/8" plywood, on a 35 watt laser running at 100% power, 0.5%speed
- Assemble your box, revel in the fact that the once stiff plywood bends corners to make an attractive box you would give to your friend or even consider keeping for yourself
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Parametric Flexbox by bdahlem is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving bdahlem a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure bdahlem would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).