by bdahlem, published
This is a parametric version of FdS' flex-box.
You can edit the file using your favorite text editor (notepad, vi, emacs, pico) to change the height, width, and length of the box. Then send the file to your laser cutter and you will have yourself an awesome little box.
edit: v 1.1 some clean-up and bug fixes
v 1.2 hopefully squashed that bug
v 1.3 fixed an issue with long decimal numbers
- Download flexbox.ps and open it in your favorite text editor (notepad will work great for this)
- Find the section that defines the box parameters:
- Change the size of the box to suit your needs, these are the outside dimensions of the box
- Save the file then open it in your graphics program, I've had luck with CorelDraw here
- Send the file to your laser cutter
- I cut this box out of 1/8" plywood, on a 35 watt laser running at 100% power, 0.5%speed
- Assemble your box, revel in the fact that the once stiff plywood bends corners to make an attractive box you would give to your friend or even consider keeping for yourself