Parametric Tardis Chocolate Mold
by triffid_hunter, published
Heavily based on Gossamer's parametric Tardis.
I altered the doors to be bevelled for easier mold release and tweaked a few values here and there for better parametricity.
Then I subtracted from a block, and added holes for skewers to help alignment, tabs also to help alignment and to assist in mold release by percussion, and slots to hold string or zip-ties or rubber bands to hold the mold together during pouring.
UNTESTED, post pics if this works for you!
The two numbers in the STL filenames are 1) the 'H' parameter (height from base to top of door) and 2) the width of the entire STL.
1) Print mold halves. Either a combined pair, or each half separately, or choose your own adventure using the scad.
2) Line mold halves with some sort of release agent. butter perhaps?
3) Join mold halves. use skewers for alignment, add rubber bands or string to hold together
4) Heat chocolate to 28-32Â° celsius. Do not exceed 33.8Â° celsius or you'll have to re-temper your chocolate! See http://chocolatealchemy.com/illustrated-tempering/
6) Allow to cool.
7) Separate halves, use gentle percussion if necessary. The tabs were added for exactly this purpose as well as aiding alignment
8) Consume and enjoy!