by smartfriendz, published
main website : smartfriendz.com
video channel :
*note: I just did enable ads . Until it makes everybody really angry, that will help paying the development of the project ? We will see how it goes :) sorry in advance if it hurts anyone*
**last videos :**
Full assembly ( one hour !!! ) in english..ish ;-p
youtu.be/icR2AL6Cjkk and youtu.be/VgoweKWw5D8
- Update 02/13/2014 : BOM updated.
- Update 01/17/2014 : Production update: all models changed..a little everywhere for better integration, assembly, stability.
There's now an option for hot-end. end_x_jhead OR end_x_huxley for hot-end huxley type that will be used eventually in smartfriendz kits.
- Update 01/05/2014 : fishingline_holders where missing in this version . Now they are back. sorry for the mistake.
- Update 01/04/2014 : plate_base, plate_x, lm8holder_x : all about endstop switch attach. It was not very well working , not enough space. Now it's ok.
- Update 01/02/2014 : all ends X Y : rod holes where too big. Now back to 8mm.
- Update 12/29/2013 : jhead attach was missing. New plate_x : snap M5 with nuts was not right ( too big).
- Update 12/20/2013 : new version: all updated ! Note you can find old version in the reorganized github in old folder.
What's new : Structure now all printed. Auto leveling bed. new supports for easy to remove glass bed. new plate_x more stable. adjusted bearing holders.
New video showing auto leveling bed : youtube.com/watch?v=2k6T-Epg0EI
- update 12/12/2013 : new plate_base. there was a mesh problem for slicing. This version works well here with repetier host and slicr3
- update 12/10/2013: Appologies!! there was a bug with plate_base: the bearing for extruder was always too far ( was 23mm diameter in my blender:( . Sorry about that. it's repaired now.
Updated BOM also.
- update 12/09/2013: plate_base: changed extruder positioning. Was a little too far to press the filament right. I think on a more adjustable solution back. If something's wrong we need to re-print the all plate_base: not good.
- update 12/08/2013: new plate_x, thx to hwiguna feedback. was a bug on one of the bearing holders too tight and not aligned.
- update 12/04/2013 : new plate_x : there is now a new smapping system to insert the M5 bolt . Really more easy to setup.
- Update 11/30/2013 :** Version 0.4.5 : lot of changes again! what is new :
1- new linear bearing holders. old one was breaking. now it's separate holders and it's straight.
2- smaller base plate with reversed extruder.
3- fishing line tensioners. more easy to setup the line ( separate documentation to come soon to explain the process)
4- new x-end jhead: old mesh was a mess. now it's clean and with a new system to attach the fishing line
There is a zip file with old version 0.4. To have the all history, you can use the github.
- Update 11/26/2013 : add V0.5 preview in gallery: lot of changes are coming! thanks to YOUR feedbacks. Rack and pinion, snap Lm8uu, no more wood need, etc :)
- Update 11/25/2013 : New link to the official doc reprap.org/wiki/Smartrap_Build_Manual
*(work in progress...)*
- Update 11/20/2013 : ALL FILES ! Moved rods on X and Y up. There where too near to the plates. A side effect was the lm8uu very tight to insert and broke some holders.
Also re-aligned the X axis to let more space between X rods and Z lm8uu holders. There was sometimes a friction between both axis X and Z.
- update: 11/18/2013 : replaced x_end_jhead. smooth rods boleans where missing,
- update 11/18/2013 : new changes in all three plates : lm8uu holders was too tight. now larger, so less risk of break.
- update 11/17/2013 : updated plate_X and plate_Y : there was some bugs in lm8 holder size and position + M5 holder was too low under the plate.
- update 11/15/2013: printing with customized v0.3. videos are right under here.
the shaft coupling 5mm is there : thingiverse.com/thing:107935
replaced plate_base ; the bearing of the extruder was too far (from my tests) . Now should be better. NOTE: it's a setup for a 1.75 mm filament. for a 3mm, the extruder part should be reworked.
IF all coming well, those files will become customisable with thingiverse api!
- update 11/14/2013 : upload version 0.4. put v0.3 in zip file archive.upload new blender renders. starting to print and assemble v0.4.
This is a new design of a reprap 3d printer. It is in the spirit of the printrbot simple , designed by Brook Drumm , a very great designer in my opinion. He found lot of great ideas .
I tried to make it even simpler and this one is made with printed parts only so it's easy reproducible.
It's also full GPL , meaning open to any business.
The main features are :
- Easy to build AND unbuild : This is the main target focus of this project. The goal is to reach a point where the builder will feel like playing LEGO. This way , more people will come to grow the reprap community and make it living. Also, it is designed to be good for experimentation.
- Real Reprap : GPL licence, Structure is all printed , no special tool needed, no precision operations to do at home, reproducible at the most.
- Cheap : the target is home use and experimentations of 3d print. It should stay at the lowest price possible! ( it's nice challenge also).
Up to date Informations and pictures, videos and soon, docs!!! are on reprap.org/wiki/Smartrap_mini.
Please consider to check also github.com/smartfriendz/smartrap to be sure stl files are up-to-date here ? Normally they are , but in github there's more infos about the debug and different versions. Thank you.
Recent Commentsview all
I found the picture of the pin assignment for the servo, and I placed it there. I made sure that the wiring of it is correct, + to +, - to -, and S to S. I clicked print, and this time no movement at all from the servo. Any ideas?
the marlin in github is configured for that. you can see in file pins.h , there's a arduino section and the right pin assignment is there.
after that.. it should work :)
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
The official assembly documentation is on reprap.org/wiki/Smartrap_Build_Manual
(work in progress, updating quicky)
You must be logged in to post a comment.