Ball Bearing with paused addition of BBs
by makefast, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a quick ball bearing to test adding metal parts (standard BBs) while the part it printing. Final part inside diameter is 0.25" (1/4") and outside diameter is 0.875" (7/8").
Note that the print should be paused so that the BBs can be inserted at 5.8mm high.
More info at http://makefastworkshop.com/hacks/?p=20160920
- Heating the BBs on the 3D printer's bed can help to reduce shrinkage when added.
- Minimize the time you pause the print to retain strong bonding between layers.
- Experts: If you can reduce the feedrate on your 3D printer, consider slowing it down (~10%-20% of normal speed) and adding the BBs while it's running instead of pausing the print. Be careful! The extruder is hot and can easily hurt yourself or your printer if you get something in the wrong place while it's running.
Overview and Background
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Ball Bearing with paused addition of BBs by makefast is licensed under the Creative Commons - Public Domain Dedication license.
What does this mean?
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving makefast a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure makefast would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).