iPhone to Microscope mount
by Boogie, published
This thing basically holds your iphone in position with the microscope eyepiece. It allows you to turn your iphone into a digital camera/view screen for a binocular type microscope. Great for group viewings or capturing microscopic images with your iphone and microscope. Great tool for classrooms. The mount was designed specifically for the Edmund Scientific binocular type microscope. It slips right over the eye pieces.
If you don't have an iPhone, you can print just the base mount and use rubber bands to hold your phone/camera on.
1) Print the pieces. (PLA worked best for me).
3) Attach to a microscope.
Note : The iphone housing was oversized slightly to allow you to align the camera on your iphone properly with the microscope eye piece. Use strips of thin velcro or some other material to create shims that will hold the iphone into place once you get it aligned. It takes a little fussing and holding your mouth just right.
4) Insert your iphone and manipulate the shims until you get a good alignment.
5) Take some pictures and/or share the experience with someone close to you.
If there is enough interest, I might tweak it or create variations.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
iPhone to Microscope mount by Boogie is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure Boogie would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).