3D Camera mount for Oculus Rift (dev kit) - updated
by gillespinault, published
[NOTE: if you are looking for the unity3D scene and sources, simply download "UNITY3D-Demo(With Sources).zip" here, in the "Thing files"]
This thing allows the Creative Senz3D camera to be mounted on top of the OculusRift.
This is an update from this thing
The previous one had the camera in front of the Oculus. This one mounts it on top. This position happen to be a better viewpoint for hand interaction and allows more distance between the hand(s) and the camera hence a wider range of interaction.
For more details, please refer to the previous version.
- the STL file
- DesignSpark Mechanical source file (that wonderful piece of CAD software is now free!)
- the .x3g file ready for a replicator 2
- a Unity sample (source and executable)
on a Replicator2:
- No raft, no support
- Infill 33%
- Shells: 4
- Layer height: 0.20mm
You will need a camera screw (1/4 20):
The head of the screw should not be larger than 15mm in diameter and 3mm in height. The shaft should not be longer than 12mm.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
3D Camera mount for Oculus Rift (dev kit) - updated by gillespinault is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure gillespinault would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).