Texted lampshade for Ikea LAMPAN
by MaakMijnIdee, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
As a gift for my neighbour I bought a mass-produced Ikea LAMPAN lamp and made it personal by adding some relevant text to the top of the lampshade.
The effect of the text on the top of the lamp cannot be seen on the ceiling but it's clearly visible.
1) Get a LAMPAN from Ikea (art.nr. 200.469.88; â‚¬2,99 each in the Netherlands 2012). Red, white and black versions are available. You'll only need the bottom part of the lamp.
2) Change the text in the lampshade to your personal liking. You can also remove text and print a simple version.
3) Open the STL with modified text in slicer and place the lampshade upside down on the build platform. Choose some extra bottom layers (I choose 6 bottom layers @0,3mm) to get some extra contrast in the text.
4) Choose a nice material (color + opacity). I suggest using materials with low transparancies since the effect of the text will be better.
6) Put in on the LAMPAN base
To improve the effect of the lampshade you can change wall thickness to make more or less light get through. This can also be done with the bottom thickness. It depends on the chosen color + tranparancy really.
ATTENTION: be aware that the bulb inside the LAMPAN can get hot.
You'll need a relatively big build volume to print this 1:1. It'll fit an Ultimaker.
The STL is drawn quiet 'large' in order to make your print fit the LAMPAN base easily. It'll not click onto the base as the standard lampshade does.
Texted lampshade for Ikea LAMPAN by MaakMijnIdee is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving MaakMijnIdee a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure MaakMijnIdee would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).