Greg`s Wade Universal Reloaded Edition !
by Chri, published
OUTDATED DESIGN !!!
I recommend to print the uni-X Wade instead http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:25416
I was always wondering why there are so much different Wade`s and never knew exactly which one is the right one to print.
Therefore i tried to make one Wade that will fit (nearly) all Mounting plates and hotends.
The insert hole dimension is d=16,7mm height = 20mm
The Wade itself is designed to work with 3mm ABS/PLA, if you want to print with 1,75mm material just buy a small brasstube (d=2,1mm D=3mm) and put it between the hobbedbolt and the hotend.
The inserts are made d=16,4mm height= 19,9mm
if there are some dimensions wrong or some weak points please tell me and i will try to fix them.
EDIT3: New V2 Uploaded. (13.05.2012)
- Holes for Orca v040 X-Carrier
- small bridge to the Idlerholderpart (for easier printing)
- countersunk holes for insert screw`s
- tested on Orca V 0.40
Just print the whole Wade and the Insert of your choice.
Mounting holes are for:
Std Mendel/Prusa 50mm ?!?!
Orca V 0.20 ? 0.30 and 0.40 (will not fit v42, has already an geared extruder )
If you want to add a coolingfan on Orca v.040 you have to mount the wade straight which requires an additional hole at the carrier plate.
Hotends that should fit:
- All with Groovemount
- J-Head d= 16,7mm h=10mm
- Hotends with d= 10mm h=20mm like Reprapfab / Geeksbase V1
- Do not use std. screws for this !!! , make a small iron insert or at least make the thread square
- Mendel-Parts V6/V9/V10
- Arcol.hu V2/V3/V4
- Hotends with 30mm Screws (distance)
- Actually all Hotend using the same dimensions
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Greg`s Wade Universal Reloaded Edition ! by Chri is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Chri a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Chri would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).