Twisted 6-sided Vase Basic
by MaakMijnIdee, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This nice, easy to print vase will be a nice gift for friend or family to come along with some nice flowers!
1) Download file
2) Generate gcode
The 3D STL is a closed file. I used Skeinforge to slice my prints (third one printing now). The 3D model is quiet tall @200mm and may not fit your 3D printer. Rescale or chop the top part to fit your printer.
Here's what I did generating gcode:
- 3 bottom layers
- No fill (obviously)
- 1 extra shell (making 2 shells on wall)
- Layer height 0,3 (to save print time)
- Remove the top 3 layers by hand (after gcode was generated)
3) Choose a color.
I personally like the semi-transparent materials for these objects.
4) Print the vase. It takes 2:30 up to 3:00 hours on my standard Ultimaker with SF settings as described above. The result is a pretty strong and good-looking vase!
Twisted 6-sided Vase Basic by MaakMijnIdee is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving MaakMijnIdee a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure MaakMijnIdee would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).