by JelleBoomstra, published
Wanna sneak some tech stuff into the house while keeping your significant other happy as well?
This vase looks pretty all by itself, but if you look closer you might discover the involute gear profile in the sides. Will that keep your techhead happy?
I printed this on a Ultimaker + (with a Z travel of 800mm) and a 0.8mm nozzle. Sliced with SkeinPyPy, 0.4mm layer thickness, width 1mm 30mm/sec feedrate, 'joris' spiral plugin and no top. Clear PLA from unknown manufacturer (something hungarian...).
1) Scale to fit your 3D printer. Adjust settings to get a guaranteed watertight vase (test it, I didn't :)
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
GearVase by JelleBoomstra is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure JelleBoomstra would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).