Geared String Tuner Test Jig MK1
by ErikJDurwoodII, published
Here we go!
This is the first experimental part for my Makerlele project!
The Makerlele is a 3d printable Ukulele! This is very much a hypothetical project and there is no telling if it will hold a tune long enough to play a song. BUT! The fun is in the try and who knows, there may be a way to make it work! ;)
This is a worm gear string tuner. The parts are supposed to print to maximize strength and smoothness of rotation. On the stem, there is a square core which prints laterally to give it flex strength when the string is under tension.
I just made a test block for it all to mount to to experiment with the design before I incorporate it into the head of the Makerlele.
I tried to design it to be totally printed but I'm not sure how the tolerances are or the overhangs on the worm. I will print this when I get home from work!
The idea is sound but the implementation needs work...
I'm glad it printed though but yeah...I gotta re-think this design a bit.
Recent Commentsview all
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
Print, assemble like the render!