by Zaggo, published
After the success of my first printable extruder design (the Printruder, see http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:958 ), I wondered, if there would be an even simpler and better design for a Printruder.
This is what I came up with.
Please note, that there are two flavors of the main part ("Motor Block"):
This design is for use with the standard timer belt pulley, which comes with the MakerBot Extruder MK3/MK4.
This design is for use with a 10mm worm-gear style pulley
You only need one of both. Be sure to print the correct one!
The PCB holder parts are optional.
There's a post on my blog on this with more detailed information and step-by-step build instructions:
In order to mount the Printruder II in a MakerBot, you might want to print also a pair of Printable Extruder Holders: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1912
- print one of the both Motor Block parts
- print the Idler Block part
- (Optional) Print the PCB holder parts
- Follow the step-by-step instructions at http://pleasantsoftware.com/developer/3d/2010/03/08/printruder-ii/ to assemble the whole thing.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Printruder II by Zaggo is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
We're sure Zaggo would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).