by Zaggo, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
After the success of my first printable extruder design (the Printruder, see http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:958 ), I wondered, if there would be an even simpler and better design for a Printruder.
This is what I came up with.
Please note, that there are two flavors of the main part ("Motor Block"):
This design is for use with the standard timer belt pulley, which comes with the MakerBot Extruder MK3/MK4.
This design is for use with a 10mm worm-gear style pulley
You only need one of both. Be sure to print the correct one!
The PCB holder parts are optional.
There's a post on my blog on this with more detailed information and step-by-step build instructions:
In order to mount the Printruder II in a MakerBot, you might want to print also a pair of Printable Extruder Holders: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1912
- print one of the both Motor Block parts
- print the Idler Block part
- (Optional) Print the PCB holder parts
- Follow the step-by-step instructions at http://pleasantsoftware.com/developer/3d/2010/03/08/printruder-ii/ to assemble the whole thing.
Printruder II by Zaggo is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Zaggo a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Zaggo would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).