Loading

Stack #Chess

by cymon, published

Stack #Chess by cymon Mar 23, 2012

Description

A Bauhaus Chess inspired pieces with a possible game play twist. Each of the pieces can nest into the recess of any other piece. How will this twist effect game play? Perhaps a variant where when capturing a piece you stack on it and gain it's movement. Perhaps you can "capture" your own pieces to make a more powerful piece that you can dismount later.

This part was made with Tinkercad. Edit the part online at: tinkercad.com/things/kViPVT8yuhX

Recent Comments

view all

Its cool, I have just one question, How can you see wich piece is underneat ?

My children have the original game somewhere (from my childhood), when I get a chance, I'll post you some pictures of the pieces, I remember enjoying playing it and my children do now :)

On tinkercad MakesALot pointed out this is similar to a game called Quantum that I've never heard of. But now I want to make a set and try it out.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/b...

More from Chess

view more

Liked By

view all

License

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

1. Print two plates in different colors or print the individual colors.
2. Make up your own rules for the stacking function.
3. Try out a game with someone.
4. Post the new rules and results in the comments below.

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Studiokubuz on Sep 3, 2013 said:

Its cool, I have just one question, How can you see wich piece is underneat ?

cymon on Mar 24, 2012 said:

On tinkercad MakesALot pointed out this is similar to a game called Quantum that I've never heard of. But now I want to make a set and try it out.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/b...

MakeALot on Mar 26, 2012 said:

My children have the original game somewhere (from my childhood), when I get a chance, I'll post you some pictures of the pieces, I remember enjoying playing it and my children do now :)

Top