Stephanie and H1-H0's Jewelry
by leothemakerprince, published
From the book LEO the Maker Prince:
Stephanie likes to use Math to make her jewelry. These pieces were created using a Python script so that they would repeat a cylinder shape in a spiral. The formula is based on Fermat's spiral (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermat's_spiral) and uses the Fibonacci sequence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibonacci_number).
- Print any of the files above.
- The file for fermat_cylinder_ring is in size 5.5, so check the size you need and scale accordingly!
- The pendant requires additional hardware for the chain and clasp.
- The earrings require additional hard ware for the loops and the rings that attach the loops to the earring base.
- For metal, these pieces can be ordered from http://www.shapeways.com
Additional hardware for the jewelry can be found at a local craft store or a bead store such as http://www.fusionbeads.com/
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Stephanie and H1-H0's Jewelry by leothemakerprince is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
We're sure leothemakerprince would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).