by CodyBascara, published
I made a model of the plant cell for a biology class. I was assigned a project in biology class to create a 3d cell model so instead of going out to Michaels and buying everything I decided to try and design the entire thing and put it together. This is just a normal plant cell with nothing fancy on it.
- I started off with the main part of the cell, which was just a pentagon because I thought a rectangle would be to plain.
- I next made the nucleus which was just a sphere that I extruded a quarter of , I also extruded the bottom half
- the nucleolus was just a smaller version except I cut the other half so it would fit snug in the nucleolus
- Next were the rough and smooth ER's they were just arcs that were connected, I created 4 unique ones to fit around the nucleus
- the choloplast were just ovals with smaller ovals on top
- the mitochondria were ovals as well but they had a sort of ribbed pattern on the face so i extruded that part
- I took the face sketches of all of these and placed them onto the cell's body and extruded them inwards so that these components would have a slot to sit in, I also scaled the slots a little bit bigger so that the parts would fit for sure.
- the vacuole was created onto the body itself, I just used a spline to make it look like a blob.
- In illustrator I took the sketch of the vacuole from inventor and placed it in so that the vacuole would be made out of acrylic
- Next i made the ribosomes and lysosomes, which were just small circles.
- next I made the cell wall and cell membrane which were just rectangles made to fit over the sides of the cell body.
Most of the parts were printed out on the replicator 2 machine while the body was made on the replicator 1. I also used the epilog mini laser printer.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Plant Cell by CodyBascara is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving CodyBascara a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure CodyBascara would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).