Bowden X-Carriage Mount for E3D V6 [V2]
by Prometheus3D, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Please support me by donating or by leaving me a tip on thingiverse, It helps a lot
Make sure to post a make if you print one!
17/02/2017 - Added a BlTouch sensor variant.
13/01/2017 - Added an 18mm sensor variant.
08/01/2017 - First release.
What Is It?
If you are upgrading your Prusa i3 hotend to the E3D V6 or an equivalent hot-end with the standard groove mount, you will need some way of mounting it to your x-carriage. The mount attaches to the x-carriage using the same four holes mounting system that is used on the Prusa I3 rework 1.5 kit, so you will need to print off a compatible x-carriage.
This design uses a clamp so your hotend will stay firmly in place and won't wobble around.
More features are on the way including cable chain support and dual extrusion options. Please comment on anything you want me to implement and let me know of any problems that you are having with my design.
4 x m3 25mm screws
4 x m3 16mm screws
4 x m3 20mm screws
10 x m3 nuts
E3D Hot end (or clone)
50mm radial fan
12mm inductive sensor (or optional 18mm sensor)
Post Processing parts
I designed the parts so that they shouldn't need any cleanup. So just print the parts and you are ready to assemble it.
1) Firstly use 4 x m3*25mm screws and 4x m3 nuts to secure the main body of the mount onto your x carriage.
2) Use 2 x m3*16mm screws and 2 x m3 nuts to clamp the hot end onto the main mount using the printed clamp part.
3) Use 2 x m3*20mm screws and 2 x m3 nuts to attach the 50mm radial fan onto the printed clamp part.
4) Use 2 x m3*16mm screws to attach the 30mm fan to the left-hand side of the hot end.
5) Use 2 x m3*20mm screws and 2 x m3 nuts to attach the fan duct to the printed camp part just below the radial fan.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Bowden X-Carriage Mount for E3D V6 [V2] by Prometheus3D is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Prometheus3D a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Prometheus3D would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).