Action #Chess 2.X
by cymon, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Update I'm about ready to just delete this one. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:25084 is the one you want. Do not print this one.
Update I am now building these and selling these on my Etsy! So if you don't have a printer yet, I will be happy to print you one! Check it out at https://www.etsy.com/listing/109657227/
Thanks to those who printed the original Action Chess I learned a lot so I returned the the drawing board. While this assembles similarly to the original, every part has been adjusted somewhat. Improved base-to-base connections for the pawns and rooks, an improved king/queen conenction, and an improved overall design. If all things work out this should be a vast improvement over the original. And cooler looking.
Plus I added a tinkercad logo to the chest for shameless pandering. (Well, I wanted a logo, but I couldn't design one that I liked, so I went with this.)
Special thanks to PrettySmallThings for helping me with the couplers and for pointing out that I need to send my files through netfabb.
This part was made with Tinkercad. Edit the part online at: https://tinkercad.com/things/8kCHfmDya9y
EDIT Made a version scaled by 80% so the pieces fit in the sizes specified by the contest rules. You can edit that version at https://tinkercad.com/things/03FJJx1dw3l
- Print aplate for all sides.
- Insert the dial into the king (see illustration).
- Play Chess.
To assemble in robot form:
- Slide the tab from the queen into the notch on the king and slide downards to lock the body together.
- Twist the dial to lock the king and queen together.
- Take the 2 type A pawns and slide into the shoulder slots.
- Take 4 type B pawns and lock their feet together to form 2 legs.
- Flip the knights over for feet and snap the legs into them.
- Snap the legs into the body.
- Take the remaing 2 type B pawns and lock their feet into the feet of the rooks to form two upper arms.
- Snap the shoulders pawns into the upper arms.
- Snap the upper arm pawns into the bishops to form the hands.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Action #Chess 2.X by cymon is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving cymon a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure cymon would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).