Action #Chess 2.X
by cymon, published
Update I'm about ready to just delete this one. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:25084 is the one you want. Do not print this one.
Update I am now building these and selling these on my Etsy! So if you don't have a printer yet, I will be happy to print you one! Check it out at https://www.etsy.com/listing/109657227/
Thanks to those who printed the original Action Chess I learned a lot so I returned the the drawing board. While this assembles similarly to the original, every part has been adjusted somewhat. Improved base-to-base connections for the pawns and rooks, an improved king/queen conenction, and an improved overall design. If all things work out this should be a vast improvement over the original. And cooler looking.
Plus I added a tinkercad logo to the chest for shameless pandering. (Well, I wanted a logo, but I couldn't design one that I liked, so I went with this.)
Special thanks to PrettySmallThings for helping me with the couplers and for pointing out that I need to send my files through netfabb.
This part was made with Tinkercad. Edit the part online at: https://tinkercad.com/things/8kCHfmDya9y
EDIT Made a version scaled by 80% so the pieces fit in the sizes specified by the contest rules. You can edit that version at https://tinkercad.com/things/03FJJx1dw3l
- Print aplate for all sides.
- Insert the dial into the king (see illustration).
- Play Chess.
To assemble in robot form:
- Slide the tab from the queen into the notch on the king and slide downards to lock the body together.
- Twist the dial to lock the king and queen together.
- Take the 2 type A pawns and slide into the shoulder slots.
- Take 4 type B pawns and lock their feet together to form 2 legs.
- Flip the knights over for feet and snap the legs into them.
- Snap the legs into the body.
- Take the remaing 2 type B pawns and lock their feet into the feet of the rooks to form two upper arms.
- Snap the shoulders pawns into the upper arms.
- Snap the upper arm pawns into the bishops to form the hands.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Action #Chess 2.X by cymon is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving cymon a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure cymon would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).