Ultimaker Generic HeadMount
by mechadense, published
Version 2 is here!
With This single quick release coupling one can attach almost anything to the Ultimakers Printhead. I'll soon release compatible toolheads for it (2012-04)
- two templates included (raw & cylinder)
- improved code quality (split in modules) capital lettered modules are meant to be printed or modified by the user
- male part redesignd for a better print orientation that yields more stability. Still compatible to (v1)!
- added option to close the slot and mount it by screwing not ziptieing for even more stability
- slotdepth is now parametric (by taking two measures of your printhead; look for lxy & lxyspace in the malecoupling file)
- generic ... mount any tool you like
- "quick" lock ... change the appandages on the fly
- ziptie (or threads) only mount & thus non invasive ... the coupling >itself< is removable without disassemblage of the head
- lightweight & almost no loss of printing space ... the coupling can stay on the printhead all the time
- does not block the thing: "Bowden Clamp for Ultimaker (Heater End)" by owen http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:11864
- one part design ... quick print
- funny red cross shape fitting to a giant syringe appendage (pasteprinting)
Recent Commentsview all
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
Print with >=40% fill. When mounting it with zipties make sure they go BELOW the threads (see image) this way the left and rear endswitches will retain functionality. In the front and on the right only a few mm printspace will be lost.
Heck you could even modify a coat hook to be mountable ;) http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:16920