Xcarriage modification to attach Mendel extruder to BFB hot end
by BogdanKecman, published
WHY: BFB hot ends are very robust and easily obtainable. BFB even sell them assembled and with various nozzle sizes. They are aluminium+peek+teflon so very strong hence you can use them not only for ABS and PLA but also for HDPE, LDPE, PP, uPVC and some other materials.
WHAT: x-carriage has to be changed (to accommodate for the size of the bfb hot end) and the adapter has to be installed between extruder and xcarriage
- print one of each
- assemble xcarriage per manual
- the upper 2 trapped nuts will have to be heat pressed into x-carriage upper
- attach the bfb hot end to the adapter using 2 M5 screws so that "flat" part of the acrylic is to the longer side of the hole so that 2 m3 heads can be secured in the 2 remaining holes
- press the hot end carefully into xcarriage
- screw the extruder to the xcarriage trough the adapter
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Xcarriage modification to attach Mendel extruder to BFB hot end by BogdanKecman is licensed under the GNU - GPL license.
What does this mean?
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving BogdanKecman a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure BogdanKecman would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).