This is Moineau (progressive cavity) pump, adapted to fit ZMorph carriage. It is designed to work with liquid chocolate or cake, which can be fed continuously through opening at the top. This way you can always control level of remaining material, and refill if necessary during normal operation. All parts are washable and easy do dismantle.
It is recommended to print it with PLA (food friendly). Be sure not to wash it in dishwasher (too hot!).
To see it in action check https://vimeo.com/82500516
for more info visit http://www.zmorph3d.com
To assemble, print all the parts (PLA), and get the vitamins :
- stepper motor (NEMA 17)
- flexible coupler - 5/8mm
- M8 screw (about 40mm length)
- 4 M3 screws (10mm) to mount the motor
- 4 M4 screw (20mm) to put two biggest parts together
- optional four M4 screws to secure the motor on top of the container
- one M4x40 screw and nut to mount everything to ZMorph carriage
(check our other things, it's downloadable from Thingiverse too)
It's pretty easy to assemble everything, just use attached image as guidance.