Loading
Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!

Vertical X-axis for Mendel90

by north90ty, published

Vertical X-axis for Mendel90 by north90ty Apr 16, 2012

Description

A vertical X-axis for the Mendel90 by Nophead.

Recent Comments

view all

i plan to build an mandel90 again, and ask me if this is a cool mod. but i dont understand .. can you please explain .. i am realy interested in this mod .. thanks

i dont understand why this is better than the original. could you explain? :-) thanks for sharing

Could you provide information about the mounting of the belts? I can't see it in the pictures.

Liked By

view all
Army of Duckies

License

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

This is my work in progress design for a vertical X-axis for the Mendel90. This design has a much smaller print volume and is possible a bit more ridgid than the original horizontal x-axis by Nophead.
The downside is that this design might not be compatible with all hot-ends and the small spacing between the rods might give a wobbly x-car if the bearings and rods don't tightly fit together.

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Smuk3D on Nov 23, 2013 said:

i dont understand why this is better than the original. could you explain? :-) thanks for sharing

Smuk3D on Dec 17, 2013 said:

i plan to build an mandel90 again, and ask me if this is a cool mod. but i dont understand .. can you please explain .. i am realy interested in this mod .. thanks

TheHawk on Jun 7, 2013 said:

Could you provide information about the mounting of the belts? I can't see it in the pictures.

CookieMonster on Jun 21, 2012 said:

Oh, I like this!

I'd like to modify it so I can attach a fan to the x carriage. Could you be persuaded to share the original files? Please? :)

north90ty on Jun 25, 2012 said:

I added Vx-axis_v1p5.scad this is my design file with the latest version. Warning: it is pretty messy.

cdaringe on May 6, 2012 said:

i will do a m90 retrofit eventually. LOOK @THAT BARREL HEATSINK! Yea!!! We all need one of those!

good work here.

Top