OpenSCAD/TextWrangler Language Module
by TheNewHobbyist, published
This is a work in progress, as you can see from the screen shots some highlighting is enabled. I'm still working out how to get string highlighting working properly. Anyone want to contribute?
Recent Commentsview all
This also works just fine in BBEdit. Do the same things except choose BBEdit's folder in application support instead of Text Wrangler. Yay! much nicer than OpenSCAD's text editing! Thanks!
I've read the CLM docs and while helpful they don't have much detail on the structure of the regular expressions used in the comment/string coloring. I've been poking around the existing examples and have made some progress (http://i.imgur.com/0uRD5.png).
If you delve into the docs and make any progress let me know!
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
1. Close TextWrangler
2. Copy OpenSCAD.plist to
~/Library/Application Support/TextWrangler/Language Modules
3. Open a .scad file in TextWrangler
Using TextWrangler With OpenSCAD (Edited from Justblair's Windows instructions)
1. Open OpenSCAD, Create a new file and save it.
2. In the Design menu select Automatic Reload and Compile
3. In the View menu select Hide editor
4. Leaving OpenSCAD running, now find your newly created .scad file in Finder, right-click on it and select "Open With" TextWrangler.app
5. Arrange both OpenSCAD and TextWrangler so that both can be seen at once.
6. Edit your .scad file in TextWrangler. Each time you save the file (Command + S) you will see that OpenSCAD will recompile the object.
Enjoy all the advanced text editing features of TextWrangler as well as syntax highlighting of your code!!!
You must be logged in to post a comment.