by Persnickety, published
This is a flat representation of the Philadelphia Flyers NHL hockey team logo. This is my first model, and I wanted to test my dual-extruders.
The proper logo is actually three colors, but I left the orange part out, so there is a nifty hole in the middle.
I learned some things doing this:
- the white border is too narrow, so the extruder didn't 'fill' between its sides.
- my platform must not be level, because the left extruder scraped the surface of the model when the right extruder was working
- I'd probably flip the whole model so that the shiny finish that comes from the platform would end up on the front of the model
The scad file has a 'z' value that can be adjusted for thickness. It can generate both the white part and the black part, just comment and uncomment the appropriate module calls at the bottom of the file.
The two stl files can be merged for use with dual-extruder heads. They are labelled for the color they should be rendered in.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Flyers logo by Persnickety is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure Persnickety would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).