Useless Dice 2
by BrianEnigma, published
Do you like to play games with dice? Do you find yourself unannoyed with QR codes? Then we have the dice for you! Until you memorize which pattern is which digit, this is guaranteed to require a cameraphone to decode what number you rolled!
This is an update of the original Useless Dice model ( http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:22986 ). Instead of using an image editing program to turn QR code pictures into 2D vectors to extrude (which had extremely bad results), this variant uses a Ruby script to generate the QR code pattern for each face, then writes out OpenSCAD files that build up each face from geometric primitives. For those interested in the messy details, the Ruby script is part of the source zip file.
If you have a single-color printer:
- Print the core in a light color
- Get some modeling clay (e.g. Fimo) in a dark color and jam it into the holes
- Optionally, finish it with something like clear nail polish remover when dry
If you have a dualstruder printer:
- Load both models, printing the core in a light color and the pips in a dark color
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Useless Dice 2 by BrianEnigma is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving BrianEnigma a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure BrianEnigma would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).