by Zaggo, published
[UPDATE 1: Sorry, I just realized, that I accidentally used 80034 ball bearings, not 624 ball bearings for this design. I'm already working on a updated, new, better, nicer and prettier design, using "real 624" ball bearings. I'll publish this new design on thingiverse shortly. For more information on this, see
[UPDATE 2: The new design is now available: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2473 ]
Ok, RustySpoon1121 beat me on this one ( http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2318 ), but since my design is different (only 8 rollers, centrally mounted) and already finished anyway, I publish it as an alternative approach.
I use 624 80034 ball bearings to mount the 8 rollers on the center wheel.
For more information on the project (and more detailed build instructions), please see my blog post at
For one Mecanum wheel, you need to print:
- 1 center wheel (either a left "Felge-links.stl" or a right "Felge-rechts.stl")
- 8 holder parts ("Lager.stl")
- 16 half roller parts ("Rad.stl")
- 8x M4x60mm bolts (alternatively, 8x M4 threaded rod, each 60mm long)
- 8x M4 nuts (16x if you use threaded rods instead of bolts)
- 32x M4 washers
- 8x 624 80034 ball bearings
- 1x M3 nut
- 1x M3 bolt, e.g. 15mm or M3 set screw
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Mecanum wheel by Zaggo is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Zaggo a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Zaggo would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).