Flex-Shaft Drill Press
by bryancera, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
A drill press for use with a JOOLTOOL Flex-Shaft (http://jooltool.com/site/product/flex-shaft-drilling-kit/).
Designed with PCB fabrication in mind, but can be used on other materials including plastics and aluminum.
This design has been refined since the above photos and video were taken.
For this press, aside from the 3D printed components hosted here on Thingiverse, you will need:
- JOOLTOOL Flex Shaft Kit (http://jooltool.com/site/product/flex-shaft-drilling-kit/)
- 10mm smooth rod
- 10mm linear bearings (x2)
- large spring
- 0.5" x 0.125" Aluminum bar stock (for the levers)
- 8-32 nuts and bolts (for lever joints, mounting, and clamps)
- 10-32 bolt and nut (for z-adjust)
- 8-32 tap (for joining the two levers)
- washers (optional)
- small woodscrews (for mounting the base cover plate)
- plasti-dip (optional - for the lever handle)
- concrete patch (for filling the base)
More details on this build here:
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Flex-Shaft Drill Press by bryancera is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving bryancera a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure bryancera would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).