iPhone Universal Stand
by juniortan, published
I travel a lot, and I watch a lot of movies on my iPhone. This stand lets me prop up the iPhone in landscape/portrait mode, and allows adjusting of the iPhone lean angle, especially on the airline seat tray. Once the stand is unfolded into 90 degrees, I can also pull up a couple of magazines from the airline seat pocket, hook the stand onto the magazines using one of 2 available sets of slots (you decide which angle is best for you) and place your iPhone for your own optimal angle.
This is the fourth iteration so far, and a great new feature: resized to fit iPad as well! - Airline mode works only for iPhone/iPod touch.
- Once printed (both parts), insert a 1.0mm dia metal pin through the stand hinges
- I am using ABS, and the part\\'s pretty slippery against the iPhone; an easy way to fix this is to get 2 short lengths of heatshrink and shrink them to the two \\'hooks\\'. If you are not sure where, just assemble, prop up your iPhone and it\\'s pretty self-explanatory from there.
Just updated sketchup and stl files. Current version prints better, with a stronger hinge that will fit a 1mm dia, rod better.
Last update: 26 Apr 2010 for iPad compatibility (Deeper for stability, beveled base for more contact with tables)
Please note that the functionality where the ipod/iphone is held when the stand is CLOSED is credited to my friend CopperBlue
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
iPhone Universal Stand by juniortan is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving juniortan a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure juniortan would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).