Hand Cranked Siren
by bfabry, published
Not a very loud one, but a pretty fun project. See it in action here: http://youtu.be/V6SdR8xWaw4
I printed all the parts in ABS on a Printrbot. The gears were printed at 100% fill, though I'm not sure that was really necessary, the rest was at 40%
Other parts needed:
(2) 1/4 in. hex bolts 2"
(1) 1/4 in. hex bolt 1.5"
(3) 1/4 in. nylock bolts
(2) SR4 bearings (1/4 ID x 5/8 OD x .196) like these: http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/SealedBearings/KIt12068
I got all these parts from my local hardware store.
Once you have everything, assembly is fairly straight forward.
update: I added a duplicate small gear as a separate download at the request of a user.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Hand Cranked Siren by bfabry is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure bfabry would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).