Chessbot Hero (Formerly Action Chess V3)
by cymon, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Update I am now building these and selling these on my Etsy! So if you don't have a printer yet, I will be happy to print you one! Check it out at https://www.etsy.com/listing/109657227/
Update 2: I've been making a lot of little changes that I realize I never uploaded here. So now I have. V3.1 for your consuming pleasure. All pieces are now the latest version. If you want the old version, I don't know why, you can still get the plate.
Featuring improved couplers for easier assembly and disassembly, better proportions and appearance, and a more printable design.
Carry your chess set to your next game in the coolest way possible.
This thing was made largely in tinkercad and can be edited online at https://tinkercad.com/things/9EMMYZIfQwy
Assemble by :
- Forming the head and body by sliding the queen's tab into the middle of the king and sliding down.
- Form shoulders by sliding in the two flat bottomed pawns into the body.
- Form feet and legs by mating two of the pawns base-to-base and attaching the knights to one end. Then join the legs to the body at the hips.
- Form the arms by mating one pawn base-to-base with the rook, and the bishop to the pawn. (Detail lovers will make sure the fingers are in the right place.) Then snap the rook into the shoulder pawn.
Disassemble by reversing the steps to play chess.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Chessbot Hero (Formerly Action Chess V3) by cymon is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving cymon a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure cymon would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).