Printable Modular Machine Components
by pandelume, published
1) Linear rail and ball carriage.
2) Rack and pinion
3) Structural blocks with 2 (angle), 3, 4, and 5 mating faces.
Hole patterns for all parts are NEMA 17 - 31mm square, and holes are sized for M4 fasteners.
With the right tool holders it should be possible to make a small milling machine, drilling machine, maybe a pick-and-place machine, who knows? I invite people to please post suggestions or modifications.
1) I haven't printed any of these yet, but I have skeinforged them, so I think they'll print ok.
2) I haven't arranged multiple parts into one file so they can be printed together, but it would be smart to do this. I'll post assembled files when I get a chance.
3) I don't know how accurate the resulting machine will be, so please keep in mind that this is still something of a work in progress. I hope to add and anti-backlash split gear as a start, but I'd love to hear other suggestions.
Recent Commentsview all
this looks very promesing!
i'm trying to make a CNC machine with a big span (
lt;100 cm), but i think i have to reinforce the cubicles
i'm thinking about a diagonal cross inside or a sort of pyramide on top(bottom) , and or combine parts before printing
can you post the SCAD files?
and do you know if coolant reacts with ABS/PLA ?
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
2) Print the various parts required
3) Drill and tap the pinion setscrew location and the end cap fastening holes in the rail car body - I was thinking M3 fasteners.
4) Assemble the rail cars with 5mm ball bearings - be sure to lubricate them
5) Assemble the remaining parts, making sure to key the rack and rails together.
You must be logged in to post a comment.