by Jamo, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
A simple printable (mostly) Tesla turbine I made for the make contest to win a makerbot. I'm sorry about the bad previews, they're exports from SolidWorks.
A few notes:
Besides the Printer you need a tap set and a drill.
The disks and the spacers should be 5 layers thick.
The alternate Box1-pilot hole part replaces the 1/2in inlet and outlet holes with a .1in pilot hole. (now that I think about it, this should help with sag yes?)
I have no idea how well it will work, if i understand 3d printing correctly, the disks may warp badly which would ruin the turbine. The plastic probably wont hold up to very high rpm ether.
- Print the printable parts.
- Press the disks and spacers onto the rod. (I\'m assuming that your print will have a bit smaller id than 1/4in making a press fit possible)
- Thread the bolt holes for a 1/4in bolt.
- Drill out the central holes in the box parts to just over 1/4in.
- put it all together.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Tesla Turbine by Jamo is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Jamo a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Jamo would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).