This Thing may contain NSFW content. Please Log In to view.
by D4skalosM, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Perfectly working one-piece bong with the ability of adding ice for smooth inhalations. Needs only a glass bowl pipe because you can't burn the "material" in pla or abs.
It is my first printable design and I am very proud of it! It has a deep bubbling sound which I love and you can put ice in the top part for a very smooth inhalation. You can paint it with paint for plastics. I recommend a tripping synthesis of two or more colors blending. I painted mine blue-silver with bronze linings and it looks awesome. The material I used was PLA which is biodegradable and poses no health risk and also has no smell.
The bong is functional (believe me it is), but I had some problems with the printing, most of which I think can be solved by creating better g codes.
Here are the problems I had:
1) The bottom of the bong, even if I designed it solid, it is printed thin walled, which gave me some minor leaking problems.
2) Some even more minor air leaks where the vertical cylinders in the middle join the upper and the lower parts.
3) For some reason - even if these weren't in the original design - the g code produces some filling layers to be printed in about the 1/3 of the lower spherical bowl.
4) No choking hole could be designed - the Catia was on its period or something.
5) Took 12 hours to print because I printed it in the maximum possible quality I could achieve.
The solutions I found to resolve the above issues were:
1,2) I used my soldering iron (!) as a brush and heated the bottom and the other places where i had leaks in order to melt just as much as to cover the small holes and stop the leaks.
3) I was waiting above the machine to print the filling layers (I could see them in the g code preview before the print and with a couple of tweezers i gathered the layers and pulled them out of the object. Careful not to detach the bong, burn yourself or get in the way of the nozzle. You can stop the printing every once in a while to do this more safely.
4) Again with my soldering iron, i drilled a chocking hole just above the lower spherical part.
5) I had to smoke normal joints in the meanwhile - it sucks right?
These were my problems and my solutions. I hope you don't have them, but even if you do the final result will leave you with a smile. For some hours at least.. ;)
The bong is designed for a 14.5mm glass pipe with a total length of 95mm (with the bowl). You can get one in your local smoking shop or through the internet.
Important: Don't scale the bong or you could have problems fitting the pipe correctly. If the design don't fit the printer, I would recommend making it a bit shorter by reducing the upper body's height.
If you have any problems, recommendations or questions about the design don't hesitate to contact me :)
Have fun and enjoy!
Ice Bong by D4skalosM is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving D4skalosM a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure D4skalosM would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).