Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
Experimental 624z Linear Bearing
by Acarius10, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
After converting an original Mendel into a Prusa, I had scads of 624z Bearings left over. I designed this to use them on smooth rods.
1) Print as many as you need.
2) Take 3-624z bearings, insert into slots, put an M4 x 16 screw in each of the bearings.
3) Put nuts on the screws and tighten until the screw is no longer moving back and forth. Any tighter and the plastic will clamp down on the bearing, causing it not to move.
4) Slide over an 8mm smooth rod and move back and forth multiple times to loosen the item up a bit. It will be stiff when you first put it on, but after a while, it moves freely.
Experimental 624z Linear Bearing by Acarius10 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Acarius10 a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Acarius10 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).