Limit switch mounts for Shapeoko
by zorlack, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
I'm in the process of adding limit switches to my Shapeoko. Limit switches are nice because they give you two things:
1) They give you some added protection against driving a carriage off the end of your machine.
2) They give you the ability to set up an auto-homing routine. Auto-homing can be very helpful when you're doing a lot of repeat cutting against a fixed jig.
I found this 5-Pack of limit switches on Amazon for less than $5. That provides more than enough limit switches to set up an auto-zeroing system.
The mounts nestle inside the makerslide. The two holes should be tapped for M5 screws and bolted to the end-plates. This document describes how to connect limit switches to grbl.
Small change: added a third hole to allow for mounting on the y-axis end-plate.
Tap the two holes for M5 screws. Then set inside the makerslide grooves and bolt to the Shapeoko end-plates.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Limit switch mounts for Shapeoko by zorlack is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving zorlack a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure zorlack would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).