Limit switch mounts for Shapeoko
by zorlack, published
I'm in the process of adding limit switches to my Shapeoko. Limit switches are nice because they give you two things:
1) They give you some added protection against driving a carriage off the end of your machine.
2) They give you the ability to set up an auto-homing routine. Auto-homing can be very helpful when you're doing a lot of repeat cutting against a fixed jig.
I found this 5-Pack of limit switches on Amazon for less than $5. That provides more than enough limit switches to set up an auto-zeroing system.
The mounts nestle inside the makerslide. The two holes should be tapped for M5 screws and bolted to the end-plates. This document describes how to connect limit switches to grbl.
Small change: added a third hole to allow for mounting on the y-axis end-plate.
Tap the two holes for M5 screws. Then set inside the makerslide grooves and bolt to the Shapeoko end-plates.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Limit switch mounts for Shapeoko by zorlack is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure zorlack would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).