Tesla Turbine V2
by Jamo, published
This is v2 of my Tesla turbine, major improvements/changes are the use of HDD platters as disks and the addition of ball bearings. Hopefully the Improvements make it viable. I have access to a printer now, so I'll test it soon.
- Print it.
- Thread the box for whatever you plan to use to pressurize the turbine.
- Put half of the disks and spacers on each half of the shaft.
- Attach the two halves of the shaft together.
- Put the 8 ball bearings on one of the caps and put the shaft on.
- Thread the bolts through the holes on each corner and attach the box.
- Put the rest of the ball bearings on the shaft.
- Put the other cap on and thread the nuts on to finish the turbine.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Tesla Turbine V2 by Jamo is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Jamo a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Jamo would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).