Tesla Turbine V2
by Jamo, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is v2 of my Tesla turbine, major improvements/changes are the use of HDD platters as disks and the addition of ball bearings. Hopefully the Improvements make it viable. I have access to a printer now, so I'll test it soon.
- Print it.
- Thread the box for whatever you plan to use to pressurize the turbine.
- Put half of the disks and spacers on each half of the shaft.
- Attach the two halves of the shaft together.
- Put the 8 ball bearings on one of the caps and put the shaft on.
- Thread the bolts through the holes on each corner and attach the box.
- Put the rest of the ball bearings on the shaft.
- Put the other cap on and thread the nuts on to finish the turbine.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Tesla Turbine V2 by Jamo is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Jamo a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Jamo would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).