by ohcolinho, published
This is a 3D printable one-piece watch band that is strong, functional and light. It fits watches that have a 22mm lug width, and a lug to lug distance of 46.2mm (I designed it to fit a Seiko SNDA65 watch).
If enough people are interested, I can design a few more sizes, and size the lug to lug distance for various watches!
I posted the design process for this watch band on my blog: colin-ho.com/3d-printed-watch-band/
Recent Commentsview all
Â This would be really easy to redesign in SCAD if you wanted some help when you have some freetime at HSL
I found these print settings to work best for abs:
- 0 shells (better fill on the thicker parts)
- 230 C temp (slightly better inter-layer adhesion)
- 100% fill
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
I printed it on a Makerbot replicator with the default slicing settings, with a raft, object infill of 100% and 2 shells.
Post print assembly:
1. After printing is done, take a small file and carefully smooth out the male and female sides of the watch band clasp until they slide and mate snugly (tight enough to no fall out, loose enough to easily take off)
2. Take a thin metal rod (like a small allen key) and insert it through the spring-bar holes to make sure that the spring bars have no obstructions.
3. Attach the watch one spring bar at a time!
4. Enjoy the awesomeness of having a 3D printed watch band!
You must be logged in to post a comment.