Automatic Wire Cutter and Stripper
by oomlout, published
A desktop machine that will measure out a length of wire and strip a length from either end.
(a video of it in operation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2O7kGE34EA )
To create lengths of wire that fit perfectly into an electronics breadboard. (we produce kits and you can only hand cut and strip so many wires before you go crazy)
This is also the first item in a concept oomlout.com is working on dubbed "open manufacturing". (more to follow)
It breaks down into three parts
- Wire Feeder - This feeds the wire in measured lengths forwards and backwards (uses a stepper motor)
- Wire Stripper - This runs an exacto knife blade around the insulation of the wire twice. (uses a small servo motor and normal sized servo motor)
- Wire Snipper - Snips the wire at the end. (uses a pair of wire cutters and a cheap handheld drill motor)
Made using a combination of 1/4" and 1/8" Acrylic.
I fear the details are a tad complex this is added more as a curio but if you would like to build one yourself, send me a message and I can help out with the details (or if enough people are interested I'll hash it out a tad further)
(Also included is the Arduino Software to run it)
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Automatic Wire Cutter and Stripper by oomlout is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving oomlout a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure oomlout would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).