Automatic Wire Cutter and Stripper
by oomlout, published
(a video of it in operation: youtube.com/watch?v=F2O7kGE34EA )
To create lengths of wire that fit perfectly into an electronics breadboard. (we produce kits and you can only hand cut and strip so many wires before you go crazy)
This is also the first item in a concept oomlout.com is working on dubbed "open manufacturing". (more to follow)
It breaks down into three parts
1. Wire Feeder - This feeds the wire in measured lengths forwards and backwards (uses a stepper motor)
2. Wire Stripper - This runs an exacto knife blade around the insulation of the wire twice. (uses a small servo motor and normal sized servo motor)
3. Wire Snipper - Snips the wire at the end. (uses a pair of wire cutters and a cheap handheld drill motor)
Recent Commentsview all
MY EMAIL ID IS [email protected]
I WANT TO MAKE A SMALL PROJECT USING ARDUINO BOARD FOR MY SON.
I WANT TO MAKE AUTOMATIC WIRE LENGTH MEASUREMENT AND CUT SINGLE OR MULTIPLE NUMBER OF PIECES. AND ALSO OF DIFFERENT LENGTH FROM SMALL SIZE TO THE BIGGER UP TO 20 MTRS LENGTH, AND DIAMETER OF WIRE SHOULD BE 0.5MM TO 3MM.
COULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME TO CHOICE OF
1. COMPONENT AND TYPE OF AURDINO BOARD REQUIRE
2. MOTOR TYPE AND
3. ARDUINO CODE TO CONTROL TWO MOTORS I.E. WIRE FEEDER AND CUTTER.
4. SELF COMMANDING DATA FEEDING FOR ACTION LIKE
I ASSUME ONCE I WILL FIXED ONE PARTICULAR LENGTH I NEED ON BOARD NUMERICAL CONTROL FOR QTY: 0-1000 OF PIECES AND LENGTH MEASUREMENT IN MM FROM 0 TO 20000MM.
SO I NEED NUMERICAL CONTROL
DISPLAY FOR THE UNIT FEED
I NEED TWO MOTORS ONE FOR CUTTING AND ONE FOR MEASUREMENT
ALSO I REQUIRE AURDINO BOARD
MAY BE SEVERAL SENSOR OR RELAY TO START AND STOP.
COULD YOU PLEASE GUIDE ME AND LIST OF COMPONENT REQUIRE WITH AURDINO CODE TO INTERFACE WITH WINDOW SOFTWARE, USB OF COMPUTER TO AURDINO CABLE TO DOWN LOAD THE CODE, ALONG WITH ESTIMATION.
PLEASE DO THE NEEDFUL.
WITH BEST REGARDS,
JIGNESH DHARIA- +919821030140
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
I fear the details are a tad complex this is added more as a curio but if you would like to build one yourself, send me a message and I can help out with the details (or if enough people are interested I'll hash it out a tad further)
(Also included is the Arduino Software to run it)
You must be logged in to post a comment.