ArduSkyBot v1.0, an open source educational printbot [Git repo]
by carlosgs, published
Download (Git): Now all the files are hosted in GitHub: https://github.com/carlosgs/ArduSkybot
VIDEO: You can see the robot being used in the 2012 Summer Workshop:
Remember the MiniSkyBot? It just got better!
Using an Arduino UNO, the Printshield and CNY70-board it has all these features:
- Ultrasonic distance sensor
- Two light sensors
- Line sensor
- Two buttons
- Four LEDs
- Piezoelectric speaker
1) Print MiniSkyBot chassis and wheels (note: you will need 6 AAA batteries instead of 4, I use a separate two battery holder)
2) Make a Printshield (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:26816) and a CNY70-board (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:26819)
3) Trick two servos for continuous rotation (http://www.acroname.com/robotics/info/ideas/continuous/continuous.html KEEPING THE INTERNAL ELECTRONICS!).
4) Assemble everything. You can place the piezoelectric speaker behind the board, stuck to the chassis.
5) Program and enjoy :)
More info (slides and testing code) here: http://carlosgs.es/2012-summer-workshop
Lots of ideas taken from: