by msruggles, published
Improvements from previous versions:
1. Improved printability. Should be able to print all parts without supports
2. Added and improved clearances.
3. Thickened up some of the thinner sections.
4. Pins are compatible with tbuser's Toy Robot Toolkit.
5. Blockbot now has a backpack/pen holder/rocket launcher tube/use your imagination thing on his back.
6. (V3 to V3.1) Pins printed horizontally for strength.
Big thanks to Lochemage for various design input.
Recent Commentsview all
Yeah, the pins are the weak point in the design. Originally the pins were attached, but because of the orientation they were not very strong and snapped easily. I've been playing with several different pin systems to see if I can find a more robust, easy to assemble and consistent fit.
Printed with PLA on Replicator 2. I found it very difficult to assemble. Printed 5 copies and found them all very difficult to assemble. I would suggest making the pins attached instead of separate pieces by themselves. That way one would only need to make one attachment per joint. Tried at 50%. Pins are too small to hold for assembly.
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
You must be logged in to post a comment.