LEGO Ice molds - 10 to-scale bricks, pre-formatted for MakerBot!
by Srsguy, published
It took a long time and a bit of research but in the end I finally did it. What is it? Why, it's a printable LEGO ice mold! Fill it with water, toss it in the freezer, and about half an hour later, you've got some sweet LEGO ice cubes!
Specs: 96.0mm x 99.0mm x 13.0mm, well within the Makerbot's capabilities
Yields 10 blocks per batch.
- Print on the Makerbot. It is already proportioned at the proper dimensions for your bot!
- Wash it out with some water...nothin' like the taste of scrap ABS in your drinks.
- Fill with water and stick in the freezer. Leave it for ~1 hour.
- Take it out. Now, you may need to smack it a bit, but that's alright because ABS is remarkably durable. Eventually your LEGO-Shaped ice pieces should pop out and be ready for a drink!
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
LEGO Ice molds - 10 to-scale bricks, pre-formatted for MakerBot! by Srsguy is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Srsguy a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Srsguy would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).