by pmcall221, published
This is a baby rattle that should be able to be printed out on a makerbot. Has a small sphere in the middle of the ball that needs to be broken off for it to rattle. I have attached the DWG and DXF files along with the STL. I don't have a 3D printer but this should work.
Please let me know how it prints. I am waiting on my Makerbot and I would love to know if the design need changing.
The hole in the top is decorative and functional. Increases rattling sound and is used to break off the sphere in the middle much like the whistle. The hole was designed to fit a 6 cm Leatherman blade into the ball to dislodge the rattler.
- Edit the DWG or DXF file if you want to edit. The STL has been re-sized and rotated.
- Insert small knife or similar object to free the rattler.
WARNING! Contains small parts! Since the safety of this object has not been tested and its size will depend on how large you scale the object, this toy can be a CHOKING HAZARD. It is not for children under 3 years.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Baby Rattle by pmcall221 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure pmcall221 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).