Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
Doboz 2 (H-Bot 3D printer)
by ckaos, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
UPDATE : 31/08/2012
- Finished basic version of x_carriage
- Finished basic version of Z axis elements
- Added updated main .scad file (doboz_v2 0.1.scad)
- Added pictures and video of Z axis
- Please see the github repository for more up to date information
This is preliminary work for an h-bot configuration based reprap, with a rather large build volume.
The main advantage of this kind of setup is its mechanical simplicity, so with that in mind, I plan to make this very easy to build and hopefully just as easy to calibrate etc.
This is of course fully parametric!
-Requires the MCad library
- H-bot design
- Maximum build size (not set in stone): 220350400 mm
- first X/Y movement test of prototype (running Marlin firmware with CoreX/Y support enabled)
-first Z platform movement test:
For now this is still in the very early prototyping phase, so almost nothing is in a 100% usable state, but I hope to have a fully working prototype by September.
Until then, expect the files to change a lot !
(and feedback is always welcome)
I will update files here regularly , but you can always find the latest version here https://github.com/kaosat-dev/Doboz-2
Things that are finalized:
- X ends
- X carriage
- Z axis elements
Next to be finalized:
Extruder, hot end holder etc
Not done at all:
- "box" structure angle elements : not
Bom:(totally incomplete for now)
- 8mm smooth rods (4X for X/Y axis, 2x for Z axis)
- lm8UU linear bearings X10
- 5mm wood plank (used for build platform)
- 4mm dia nuts & bolts (12mm long) X6 for x_ends
Doboz 2 (H-Bot 3D printer) by ckaos is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving ckaos a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure ckaos would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).