Doboz 2 (H-Bot 3D printer)
by ckaos, published
- Finished basic version of x_carriage
- Finished basic version of Z axis elements
- Added updated main .scad file (doboz_v2 0.1.scad)
- Added pictures and video of Z axis
- Please see the github repository for more up to date information
This is preliminary work for an h-bot configuration based reprap, with a rather large build volume.
The main advantage of this kind of setup is its mechanical simplicity, so with that in mind, I plan to make this very easy to build and hopefully just as easy to calibrate etc.
This is of course fully parametric!
-Requires the MCad library
- H-bot design
- Maximum build size (not set in stone): 220*350*400 mm
- first X/Y movement test of prototype (running Marlin firmware with CoreX/Y support enabled)
-first Z platform movement test:
Recent Commentsview all
With a large build area (i.e. potentially large/heavy objects being printed) and a canterlevered build platform, do you suffer from Z banding or sticking/jamming on the Z axis? Is it using a regular threaded rod, or acme style? I am currently designing an H-bot style printer now and was planning on putting guide rods/linear bearings for the Z axis on the sides at the front and one in the middle or the rear to distribute the load evenly, but my Solidoodle 2 is like yours and only has a single drive with 2 smooth rods at the back (and suffers from banding I believe because of this). Good luck with getting the kinks worked out, I am still at the very early stages of my build!
That is actually something I was a bit afraid of, but the structure was sufficiently rigid to make skewing non noticeable.
With really high speeds it could be an issue , but that would need to be re-checked: a few people did some derivatives of this design and/ or close enough designs and they have not reported such problems, however.
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
Until then, expect the files to change a lot !
(and feedback is always welcome)
I will update files here regularly , but you can always find the latest version here github.com/kaosat-dev/Doboz-2
Things that are finalized:
- X ends
- X carriage
- Z axis elements
Next to be finalized:
Extruder, hot end holder etc
Not done at all:
- "box" structure angle elements : not
Bom:(totally incomplete for now)
- 8mm smooth rods (4X for X/Y axis, 2x for Z axis)
- lm8UU linear bearings X10
- 5mm wood plank (used for build platform)
- 4mm dia nuts & bolts (12mm long) X6 for x_ends
You must be logged in to post a comment.