Acrylic Edge Lit LED Sign
by markp, published
Laser cut sign uses an inexpensive LED lighting strip and includes a base.
It's designed so the sign can be easily swapped.
Requires 3mm hardboard or other material, and 3mm acrylic.
The "lit" part is notched to fit the soft-rubber LED lighting strip, which better distributes the light through the acrylic.
Replace Kwartzlab Makerspace logo with your own signage and export to laser cutter.
- Separate parts to cut to the right material. Top is acrylic, bottom is hardboard or acrylic. Both are 3mm. If sizes other than 3mm are used then the width of the cutouts will have to be changed.
The "lit" part isn't cut all the way through so remember to use a lower power for those parts.
Insert the strip into the base and glue all base pieces together.
- Insert the acrylic sign.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Acrylic Edge Lit LED Sign by markp is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving markp a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure markp would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).