Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
Customizable Cable Lockdown V2
by laird, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
The http://enablingthefuture.org e-NABLE R&D group is looking for a means of locking down a control line when a finger is in position, so the position can be held without holding the control line, and thus the wrist or elbow, in position. For example, lock fingers around a bike handle, then bike without having to maintain tension on the wrist.
This is a 'work in progress' exploring an approach.
- Added groove in base to increase grip on line when locked down
- Shortened bracket to ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ½ length of lever
- Can generate a row of latches in a single bracket
It's customizable, because shouldn't everything be customizable?
- Radius of large end of latch
- Offset for pivot (the larger this is, the more extreme the difference between 'open' and 'closed' is)
- Length of the lever arm
- Radius of the pin (screw, filament, whatever)
- Width of latch. Should be a bit wider than the line (and allow for angles, etc.).
- Thickness of sides
- Gap between base and latch (default is 0.4mm). Make this smaller to make the latch fit more tightly into the bracket, larger to he looser.
- Tightness to make the latch closer or further from the base, in case we need to tweak this based on real world performance
- Angle of latch for the preview, so you can see how it works
- Line Radius. That is, the size of the line that you're locking down. This is used to generate a groove that the line is pressed into. The radius should be a little smaller than the line, so it's gripped when the latch is locked.
- Number of Latches: Generate a row of latches in a single bracket.
- Part to print: assembled preview, or latch and base to print.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Customizable Cable Lockdown V2 by laird is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving laird a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure laird would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).