Vibration a.k.a. ripple a.k.a. shadow a.k.a. ghosting test
by orcinus, published
- Inspect for ghosting of the sharp edges (letters, dimples, corners)
- Proof your machine for vibration
Make sure to test with both PLA and ABS at a variety of temperatures.
The hotter the extrusion, the more liquid it is and more obvious the vibration artifacts will be. Also, PLA is much less viscous than ABS.
Test with a variety of colors as well. Semi-transparent filaments tend to hide the vibration artifacts rather well. As do matte and very light filaments. Glossy black and opaque silver work very very well.
Mind the X and Y orientation when slicing - having the labels correspond to actual X and Y axes will make debugging easier.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Vibration a.k.a. ripple a.k.a. shadow a.k.a. ghosting test by orcinus is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
We're sure orcinus would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).