Stronger E-idler for printrbot
by swordfishBob, published
Recent Commentsview all
That would best be done by someone who uses openscad, and who has or is building a "Greg's Wade reloaded" extruder. It looks like that design has more room for bulking up around the pivot. You could suggest this change on the thing:18379 page.
Could you make the same for the accesible idler?... that would be great
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
2. Clean out the slotted holes where the tension screws go, to ensure free movement there too.
3. Insert the idler bearing with its pin.
Bolt front-to-back with lock nuts
4. Clean out the idler's pivot holes so bolt moves freely.
5. Expand the counter-sink hole in E-idler sufficiently for the head of the pivot bolt; this will keep the head out of the way of the big extruder gear.
6. Attach idler to main extruder body, with bolt. Add 2x lock nuts; tighten these against each other, but not against the plastic.
4. Optional - clean recessed hole and insert a hex nut.
5. Attach idler to main extruder body, with bolt head at rear of extruder.
You must be logged in to post a comment.