X/Y Calibration Test Sheet
by RyanCavanaugh, published
This is a printable (paper!) sheet for verifying X/Y steps/mm settings.
Each line has tick marks every 1cm. There are 12 lines at 0.5 degree increments so you don't have to bother lining it up exactly with your axes - just tape down within 6 degrees of square and move on the non-test axis until you find the line that's parallel to the test axis movement.
- Print out at default settings
- Verify your printer is calibrated correctly:
- The lines should be exactly 1cm apart at the top
- Tick marks on each line should be exactly 1cm apart
- Cut to size (the grid is 5" x 5")
- Tape to your print bed
- Move on the perpendicular control axis until you find the line that's actually parallel to your test axis movement
- Move to the first tick mark on the line
- Move 10mm in either direction
- If your calibration is correct, you should be on the next tick mark
Rotate 90 degrees and repeat from step 5 to test the other axis
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
X/Y Calibration Test Sheet by RyanCavanaugh is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure RyanCavanaugh would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).