X/Y Calibration Test Sheet
by RyanCavanaugh, published
This is a printable (paper!) sheet for verifying X/Y steps/mm settings.
Each line has tick marks every 1cm. There are 12 lines at 0.5 degree increments so you don't have to bother lining it up exactly with your axes - just tape down within 6 degrees of square and move on the non-test axis until you find the line that's parallel to the test axis movement.
- Print out at default settings
- Verify your printer is calibrated correctly:
- The lines should be exactly 1cm apart at the top
- Tick marks on each line should be exactly 1cm apart
- Cut to size (the grid is 5" x 5")
- Tape to your print bed
- Move on the perpendicular control axis until you find the line that's actually parallel to your test axis movement
- Move to the first tick mark on the line
- Move 10mm in either direction
- If your calibration is correct, you should be on the next tick mark
Rotate 90 degrees and repeat from step 5 to test the other axis