WOPR Computer Model
by BrianEnigma, published
This is a model of the WOPR computer from War Games. The model was manually reconstructed by watching the same 39 seconds of the film over and over again. I took a few liberties in the rebuild.
(1) The recessed hatches and/or the overall length are not quite to scale (there actually should be a group of four rivets after the pair of panels).
(2) The real movie prop has a bit of an overhang at the floor, whereas I made the sides go straight down to the floor for easier MakerBot and RepRap printing.
(3) I made no attempt to model das blinkenlights.
(4) I only reproduced the large text.
(5) There may be an Easter Egg inside the hollow base for fans of TRON.
Slightly more detail on my blog: http://netninja.com/2012/08/03/is-that-a-wopr-in-your-pocket/
Print and enjoy, but do not start any global thermonuclear wars.
On a home 3D printer, you will absolutely have problems with the overhang, but a hobby knife and file should clean it up enough to be somewhat presentable.
A solid version of the model, without the TRON easter egg, is also attached.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
WOPR Computer Model by BrianEnigma is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving BrianEnigma a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure BrianEnigma would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).